Thursday, August 5, 2010

Time is of the essence

Hi! Sorry about the slow-down in updates, lately it's been a little hectic around here. Have some more interesting posts up my sleeve but the photographer is claiming she just doesn't have the time!
Picked up this little pocket watch in the yearly Uzes brocante on the Place des Maronniers. This year it was on on the 13th and 14th of July (I suggest doing a first tour around mid-morning, then finding a shady not too crowded place for lunch - tartines or salads are best in high summer weather like this - and then returning to finalize your decisions and make your purchases.
I love pocket watches, I'm not quite sure why. Especially since seeing Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, I have wanted to buy one and wear it as a piece of jewellery, in the form of a necklace. All I need now is a little silver chain...
This watch is silver plate and dates from the 19th century. There was another one from the Napoleon III era (about 1830's), huge with an enamel face and filigree hands, priced at 50€, but for this little guy at 20€, who can resist? Will be posting an outfit to match them soon!
xo Cendrillon


No comments:

Post a Comment