Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Beijing


You may have already guessed it, but Cendrillon is launching into what is starting to look increasingly like a very jet-settish summer, by flying halfway around the world to go to China for two weeks! I am extremely excited. By the way, pictures of Paris will be up shortly, I just have to ask my photo-snapping friend for some of her appealing shots, or rather, pictures I took on her magnificent Canon but then was forced to lug around town for the rest of day.
But more about Beijing! We'll be spending a week in central Beijing, and the to Shangxi Province for another. Any suggestions for some souvenir shopping? I was thinking something along the lines of some traditional jewellery or slippers? Any recommendations welcome!
So far, I'm looking forward to some intense heat and some time in a completely different place from home. I'm also dying for the exquisite food and the opportunity to see the Great Wall - a childhood aspiration of mine. Accompanying me will, of course, be my Lomo LC A+, my new favourite camera after my 35mm Nikon (which is too high maintenance, so it's staying home, poor thing), and lots of colour negative film.




image found here
image found here
image found here


Much love,
Cendrillon

No comments:

Post a Comment