1. Shakespeare. There's an exhibition at the British Museum opening in July, be there. Also, Dickens (the 200th anniversary of his death this year!), the Bronte sisters, Keats, Hughes.
2. Rowntree's Fruit Pastilles, Minstrels, Skips
3. British strawberries
4. William Morris
5. The V&A
6. Tartan - dressing rebels since the 1960s
7. Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings
8. Marmite (although 50% of the kingdom hates it)
9. Fish & chips
10. Red buses!
A funny bunch, really, aren't they? As previously mentioned, a nation of football fans. The height of culinary excellence with shepherd's pie and battered fish wrapped in newspaper. King sof the cheeseboard with cheddar... However, birthplace of one of the most important popular culture phenomena of the past thirty years (J.K. Rowling), and the most incredible sweets known to man :)